A Heavy Equipment Operator will operate one or several types of power construction equipment, such as motor graders, bulldozers, scrapers, tractors, or front-end loaders to excavate, move, and grade earth, erect structures, or pour concrete or other hard surface pavement. May also repair and maintain equipment in addition to other duties.
- Participate in daily Jobsite Safety Assessment meetings;
- Learn and follow safety regulations;
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards or obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, or falling objects;
- Locate underground services, such as pipes or wires, prior to beginning work;
- Monitor operations to ensure that health and safety standards are met;
- Adjust handwheels and depress pedals to control attachments, such as blades, buckets, scrapers, or swing booms;
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed;
- Control precision
- Depth perception
- Multi-limb coordination
- Good vision
- Ability to operate and control equipment or systems
- Operation monitoring
- Attention to detail
- Independent thinking/troubleshooting
Required Education and Experience
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Some technical training or certifications a plus.
TOLM is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive pay rates, company matched 401k is available, paid time off, health, dental, and vision insurance, company contributes to HSA, and bonuses are available. Application review will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.